- This event has passed.
AGM and General Meeting
September 12 @ 11:30 am - 5:00 pm UTC+10
Our AGM and General Meeting is on Saturday 12th September at 1:00 pm
The meeting will be held under strict Covert 19 conditions. This means that whilst we will provide some nibbles, and we would like our members to provide biscuits and cake for lunch and to bring their own drinking utensil, mask and sanitiser. I will provide some biscuits, tea coffee, sugar and milk, plus some soft drinks. The drinks are already purchased and are left from the Sausage Sizzle which was cancelled in March 2020.
Most importantly, if you cannot attend please send an apology (I have recorded the persons expected to attend as well as the current apologies) and a Proxy which should go to any of the persons shown as attending. Proxies are important as it will ensure we have the numbers even if some of our expected attendees cannot attend on the day. They may come in by Email or be posted.
The day will actually start at about 11:30 with the setup for the meeting, and at 12 noon there will be show and tell where members can bring their treasured, temporarily deactivated if necessary, to show and tell, before the AGM starts at 1pm. Keith plans to bring an 1880 vintage Winchester bullet reloading tool to demonstrate how fired cartridges were reused.
I understand there will be an interesting pistol brought along and also a WW2 Haversack.
I have asked some other Troopers to bring something but I think they want to keep it as a surprise – or they have so much stuff they do not know what to bring.
At the conclusion of the AGM a regular monthly General Meeting will commence. This is where the day to day business is discussed.
Matters for discussion include:
- MBRC Grants in general’
- Purchase of a Display Cabinet for small items in the Museum – We have a MBRC grant and I expect to have a firm quote by then
- A change in Public Liability Insurer
- Weapons Licencing issues
- Fundraising – and what we should be directing our energies towards-
- Growing the Troop
- The possibility of reinstating Flag Day for September 2021 – this includes how we raise the money and how we can derive income from it
- Our relationship with the Village- storage and display space, additional land for artefacts and paid tours of the Museum (eg by RSL Groups)
- Our webpage
- Anything else you write and ask me to discuss
Friends and Guests are welcome to attend from Show and Tell.